The Position:We’re looking for a motivated and energetic leader to assist owners with the oversight, and coordination of all bakery activities, including staff management, inventory planning, business development, and marketing. Our assistant manager will be responsible for supervising, training, scheduling, and guiding the store associates and bakers while providing superior service to all bakery customers, suppliers, and partners.
Demonstrated experience in a leadership role, preferably in the retail or pet industries, is required. Previous experience in a sales-related role is a plus. To succeed as assistant manager, excellent communication skills, comfort with customer interaction, and leadership skills are necessary.
- Provides exemplary customer service to bakery customers.
- Demonstrates superior product knowledge.
- Manages hiring, training, scheduling, discipline and development of store employees.
- Manages inventory, including placing orders, reconciliation of orders, counts, turns, restocking, and expiration dates.
- Interacts with distributor, vendor, and supplier sales representatives.
- Coordinates special events with business partners, shopping center management, dog rescue groups, and other organizations.
- Coordinates bakery marketing and outreach with local businesses, including vet clinics, apartment complexes, hotels, and other organizations.
- Manages baking schedule and assists with baking and decorating as needed.
- Maintains clean and orderly appearance throughout the sales floor, kitchen and back room.
- Operates bakery registers, completes financial transactions, and manages bank deposits.
- Bakery open and close activities.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- One to three years’ work experience required.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous retail experience strongly preferred.
- Previous sales experience strongly preferred.
- Previous management experience strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in the pet industry is a plus.
- Experience with POS system and inventory management software.
- A professional appearance.
- Maintain a positive attitude and focus on customer satisfaction in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- The ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.